Friday, January 14, 2011

My Opinion on the Gaming World: Rage Quitters

Hello readers,
rather than just spitting out reviews which not many of you seem to read anymore, I will also occasionaly write a short article about my opinion about various things in the gaming world. Feel free to read it or completely ignore it and call me a whacko who has too much time on his hands. Anyway, on to todays subject.

I have never really understood rage quitters, although I do understand that games can get incredibly frustrating, and sometimes it makes you want to throw your controller (or mouse if your a PC gamer) at the screen and yell "How do you like me now BITCH!". I am guilty of getting really involved in a game, and when that happens you tend to take it far more seriously. But what ever happens, you have to remember: ITS JUST A GAME. If someone is pissing you off, calm down and keep playing as the person in question may eventually leave and things will be right as rain again. If they won't stop, be a good sport and play to the end of the round or match and then find another lobby to join. Regardless how annoying the person is, rage quitting isnt cool, it can ruin the game for people (especially if your the host), and you are letting your team down. If the game has proper multiplayer matchmaking, you leaving during the game may not be as bad because you will be replaced with someone else. But if it is a game like Halo, if you quit you do not get replaced and you put your team at a disadvantage.

Me? I dont like rage quitters, but there are far worse people you can encounter in online games, such as people who ruin the match by camping your spawn and spawn-killing you, or those really annoying 6 year old kids who are clearly not old enough to be playing the game,and bring out the trash talk in their high pitched voices, which makes it worse.

Have you had any bad experiences with rage quitters or any other type of multiplayer gamer I have mentioned? Or are you one of the gamers that wants to defend yourself? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment